Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Death by Blackberries

That's right. I just about bit the big one in a blackberry bush. I wanted to walk somewhere but I have a hard time walking any distance. I decided to take the shortcut through the back of our yard which is forest and has a trail. I put on a dress (to look nice of course) and headed out.

My body is slow now as my muscles haven't rebuilt after all the hospital bed time. I'm like those old ladies you see crossing the road where they shouldn't be, with their walker and at the pace of a post office line up. As I headed down the trail things began to close in on me. Next thing I know I'm surrounded by the jagged claws of the blackberry bushes. I somehow never considered they may have grown over this time of year.

I was really stuck! Do I go forward or go back?

So this is how it's going to end! I never would have guessed. After contemplating how many weeks it would take for people to find my body I kept forward. I made it through that and then a field of stinging nettles. My legs looked like I had been attacked by a marauding gang of ferrets.

Whew! I'm glad that's off my chest. It's so hard to talk about death.

1 comment:

GwynnsGifts said...

Im so glad that the blackberries didnt win. Way to press on and win the battle. Good Luck