Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blah

I've been in the fetal position for a couple of days with the....

flu!!!

What the hell? Whatever... I'll make tomorrow better. I think the H1N1 leaves you susceptible to other illnesses for a bit. That's what my doctor explained anyway and I believe her now that my son with asthma and I keep getting sick despite the seasonal flu shot and the H1N1 shot. It could be worse, I'm glad we had those shots. My youngest and oldest, who have no underlying health conditions are fine.

I have my big appointments with my oncologist & gyno-oncologist a couple of days before Christmas. That sounds like a whole bundle of holiday fun. My hope is that the GVHD will have calmed down by then and that I won't get trampled by holiday shoppers.

It's the small things that create Christmas joy, like not being consumed by your own immune system.

4 comments:

Sara Diana said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Now that my cancer treatments are over I have noticed that I have gone back to catching a cold whenever I get a period. So yesterday, I bought myself a "pick me up" vitamin tonic - lets see if it works!

Caroline said...

I hope you feel better soon! And hoping for all sorts of healthy holiday presents for you from your doctors.

Sweetlife said...

I hope you feel better really soon. The timing, although never good, could be better.

I have a slight cough going on and chest pain & of course my mind has jumped to lung cancer. I can't wait to feel better so I can relax a bit more....it can be such a challenge to just freakin relax!

I hope you feel better soon & that your appt.s all go very well...hope the flu gets out of your system asap.

When you're feeling up to it, check out hayhouseradio.com
Some of the programing is interesting.

TheFrogBag said...

Hope you feel better soon! It sucks that the holiday season is also flu season, on top of everything else. Best wishes for your doctor visits!