Sunday, April 18, 2010

Skate 4 Cancer -unfortunate news

Bad news about the Skate 4 Cancer, Australia. Rob Dyer who has been skating to raise awareness in youth for cancer has had an accident on the road.

I am astounded by his positive nature and the way he so graciously accepts what has happened. He is returning to Canada for medical treatment to rest and heal, unable to complete the journey for now. He needs to be able to get better to be able to skate again.



He made it halfway across the Australian continent when it happened. Personally I'd like to give him a standing ovation for all the commitment and work he has done so far. He is truly an amazing guy.

Quoted from his site . Please read his mission page for the complete message.... I recommend it.

"Through active involvement with youth, Skate4Cancer endeavours to nurture a safe and energetic community that discusses the effects of cancer in a supportive, HONEST and unabashed manner. In order to accomplish inclusiveness, our events are free and all-ages, allowing us to spread the positive message to the largest possible demographic."

If you'd like to check out his site and leave a few kind words, click here.

I hope Rob heals quickly and completely.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your blog...I am newly diagnosed with CML and will be headed to transplant as soon as a donor can be found...I wanted to commend your bravery in continuing to share your experiences with the world...it is very inspirational to me...

Cheryl T.
new cml'er in Ontario

BaldyLocks said...

I'm so glad I can help! I felt so alone until I started writing my blog. It means a lot to me that you enjoy it.

Good luck with your transplant! Let me know how it goes with finding a donor :)