Friday, March 25, 2011

Let's Do Something Good

Well the last few days have been crazy. There has been a very heated debate about a username I have been using on Etsy since 2007. I do not want to continue the debate because I believe there's a lot more important things to be heated about than a username. I realize that this is a matter that has a lot more importance to people than just me and how people knew me through Etsy. It's a debate that affects people.

As much as it saddens me to lose that piece of myself , I'm much more interested in using this forum as a platform for good. This blog is about surviving, creating and living, not tearing anyone down. There's never any good time to do that.

Life is about reinventing yourself, growing and thriving. After everything my sons and I have gone through, I've learned the most important lesson I want for them. Along with empathy, compassion, love and strength I have taught them to be adaptable. If we are rigid in our ways we will crack when life throws us the big twists.

So I feel this is the perfect time for me to grow and change, I can blossom. I believe in beautiful scars.

Please circulate the information on how to be a bone marrow donor. If there's anything I can do here it would be to get people registering and perhaps even saving lives.



Katelyn Bedard Bone Marrow site -this seems to be a good list of links for other countries.

I hope these links get you to where you need to join a registry, asap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you :0)

Unknown said...

Onward and upward....I'm there WC.

AbsintheDragonfly said...

Yes it is. Blessings to you and your family.

May your art be bountiful.

Doodle said...

You have a great following and tremendous support group. Here's to hoping that Etsy will find a way to keep your shop stats and simply make the adjustments necessary to comply. Though your name is well known, YOU are more well known it seems, and very much loved. I have no doubt that word will spread quickly once you have made a decision regarding your name. May God bless you and give you the strength to continue your artwork with peace and joy.