Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hollywood North

Today's post is coming to you from Hollywood North, the land of many movies including the hyper hit, Twilight.

So, just popped out for a coffee at my neighborhood coffee shop which is a few steps from my house and walked into the filming of a Hollywood movie. I knew they were coming today but I though the filming was this evening. I sat at the big window and watched a fairly tense scene where a man jumps out of a car, confronts a man with a bag and forces him into the car.

This isn't the first time I've walked into a movie set but this was the first time I've viewed a hand gun. It was fairly interesting but as soon as that gun came out and shoved into the man's back my brain jumped to, holy crap! It was a bit disturbing. Between the shots they let all the pedestrians through and I asked if I could take a couple of photos. The guys were really friendly and said, sure, as long as I didn't get into anyone's face.

I took a couple and they thanked me for asking before I took them but unfortunately my shots sucked. I'll post them a bit later. At this second they are still filming and I am bored. I really wanted to just roam around in the sunshine but the entire area is a bustle with activity.

A month ago my son had been asked to be in a scene because he is a wrestler. He had been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks. The scene was to be a pretty generic, Hollywood type where underdog beats against all odds. They were supposed to be wrestling (choreographed of course) and my son would be beating the kid...then at the last possible second the underdog kid flips him over and wins! My son liked the idea of being in the movie but not the idea of losing. At the last second they cut the scene and made the kid a track star instead. My poor son.

A couple of years back I rented a movie with Meg Ryan and about halfway in my oldest son's best friend walked into the scene. I could scarcely believe it. I was still pretty fuzzy from the chemo brain and asked my younger two if that was actually him. I had forgotten about when he had told me about the scene. Anyway, very bizarre!

Life and Hollywood collides.

3 comments:

Joy De Vivre Design said...

How exciting! Your poor son! I have been in a similar situation before so I know how it feels to be on the cutting room floor-it sucks!

SillyLittleLady said...

thats so cool! Unfortunate about your son though :( the town where my parents live is receiving an increasing amount of hollywood film making crews too, its kind of exciting :)

Bohemian Chic said...

You should go Hula Hoop on the corner and I am sure you would asked to be in pics..like to see your name in lights.."Now appearing Baldylocks" hehe