Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Christmas Wish

The flu has a really tight grip on me and won't let go. It seems to be an extension of the H1N1 coming back to haunt me in so many ways. I received a cal from my oncologist today who talked to me on the phone about what is happening regarding the graft vs host symptoms. She thinks it's my immune system gone into haywire overdrive triggered by the H1N1 and the vaccine. It was just too much on my immune system to deal with so it attacked me where it was attacking me before.

My blood work is slightly off and my liver is slightly unhappy. I will still see my doctors on the appointments just before Christmas. She thinks she may have to put me back on the prednisone for a period of time. It's a possibility anyway.

I don't think I can cope with that, so I just plan to have it all fading away by then. My wish is for stable health for Christmas.

9 comments:

Daria said...

I too wish you stable health for Christmas ... all the best to you.

danaceau said...

I'll go ahead and wish it for both of you. You both deserve it!

Caroline said...

Oh, I do hope you feel better soon! Yes a healthy christmas!

Jens said...

I think about it just like your oncologist. And I would hope that you could handle it if it were necessary. Because I am a kind of addicted to your blog posts. I know this is very selfish.

Sweetlife said...

I have the same wish for you my dear friend! I have what so far seems to be a cold right now...fingers crossed! I have to drive myself to Philadelphia for treatment next week so I am really hoping I will be up to it.

Feel Better & Have an Extraordinary Christmas!!!
Love, Jennifer (Sweetlife)

Kyra said...

sending you lots of love rose....

Ed Everest said...

Sending support, sending koalahugs, sending best wishes to my friend Baldylocks. Hope you don't have to go onto pred but if you do, please take pics so you can make another video!
Cheers from Ed in Australia

Sweetlife said...

http://happiology101.blogspot.com/

You have inspired me to try a blog of my own...lets see how this goes, shall we?

Ann aka ButDoctorIHatePink said...

I hope you not only have stable health, but energy and joy for Christmas.