Sunday, April 11, 2010

Computers Don't Live Forever

Or so my poor old mac is telling me. We both have great plans of posting all the amazing photos we have but alas, the mind is willing but the body is weak. When I replaced the hard drive after the crash of '08 it only partially came back to life. Then the power cord broke and now the touch pad and the DVD drive. The plastic by the keypad is also cracked and everything is slowing to a halt again.

This poor old computer has put in it's time.

If you ask my macbook, I haven't been the easiest person to live with. It gets dragged with me wherever I go, including traveling to my oncology appointments. It has seen me through some hard times and has been dropped on more than one occasion. The touch pad was stained red when I was taking Cyclosporin. It has sustained scratches and many many sterilization kicks when my world had to be completely germ and microbe free. It has been held to my body for warmth and for comfort when I felt like my life was completely out of control. It has documented the changes of my body and my mind. It has had it's play dates with a friend of mine who has it's twin. It has kept me in contact with the world through weeks and months of hospitalizations and isolation. My little white macbook was the one thing that I could physically hold on to on this messed up roller-coaster ride I've been on. Truthfully I'm not sure how I would have made it without it.

Thanks little macbook for all the time you gave me. I guess I'm going to have to figure out way to carry on without it because I love my blog and all the people who come visit me here. My posts are getting more and more difficult to make especially with photos and I haven't been able to make videos for ages. I'm going to have to figure out a way to replace it.

No comments: