Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Teenagers

It's 3:30 in the afternoon and I leave the house walking.

A few blocks over from my house I hear some loud voices from the end of the street. One of the voices sounds familiar. I see a pack of teenagers happily chatting and walking down the sidewalk. I see a woman walk down the street obviously nervous about passing the loud group. She crosses the street. I cross the street too...

...heading straight toward the boisterous pack. They see me and suddenly disperse with one of them hiding behind a parked car. I lock eyes with the nervous looking ones that haven't hidden fast enough from me. I keep heading towards them, not breaking my gate. As I get closer, the hiding teenager pops back out at just the wrong moment.

I have him! I spread my arms wide as he tries to dart around me but there is no escape! I grab him in a big bear hug that last just long enough to be totally embarrassing. I then proceed to hug his girlfriend and one unsuspecting 'deer in the headlights' looking guy. The rest manage to escape unscathed.

It's all in a days work parenting teenagers. If I wasn't embarrassing them then I wouldn't be doing my job.

5 comments:

Jens said...

Ha ha. Very well done. Yes, mothers are known for their "embarrassing" actions.
This reminds me of my youth.

Caroline said...

Too funny! Yes you must keep up the public embarassment... Perhaps a photo of him with all his friends next time...

Jill said...

Love it....I wish more parents showed the love that you do for your son. Embarrasing for him.....maybe only for a moment:)

hockeychic said...

Love it!

Dawny said...

Hahaha brill :O)