Friday, January 21, 2011

Yesterday's Sketch

I went to a community studio yesterday to get out of my house and away from my paintings for a bit. I was reminded how terrible I am at being able to create anything when people are around.


All I could concentrate on was how people were sniffling and sounding sick. That and the guy sitting next to me who seemed to keep having all of my stuff gravitate to being in his hands.

I quickly blasted out this sketch of the piles of colourful seat cushions that were stacked against a black wall. Then I came home and sterilized my eraser.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Love your sense of humor:)
Could you post sometime where and when your shows will be as I would love to go and see your work.

Jens said...

Reminds me of my childhood. We had Sunday service (boring). To pass the time, my sister and I played unobtrusively " guess from which direction the next sniffle or cough will come ". Almost ever we had not long to wait. We then had to giggle every time (quietly, of course).

Ha ha "sterilized my eraser".

Amy said...

Yay!

I too do not identify myself as a warrior, survivor, receiver of the "gift" of cancer (breast cancer that is). I too am art-inclined and blogging my way through, hold the pink.

Glad to have found you.