Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Adjusting

Thank you to everyone who has been giving me tips on where to find info and support on working again.

I've been having a lot of anxiety lately. I'm hoping it's just a phase that I will work through. I have had a good talk with a friend of mine and just being able to talk about it has improved things. Sometimes all it takes is the presence of someone you feel close to.

This experience has also made me realize it would be nice to have someone in my life. That thought pops up now and again. I'm not really sure how to reenter the world of dating but I know that I'd like to at least try. I'm sure there is someone who is a little like me, being busy with life wondering when I will show up in their world. That's what I like to think anyway.

2 comments:

Nancy's Point said...

I feel bad for you feeling all this anxiety about returning to work. Returning to work is not an easy thing to do and I have not done it myself. Try to be patient with yourself and keep talking to that one person and maybe another person will pop up too to confide in. When all else fails, keep writing blog posts cause you are not alone. I think you're too hard on yourself, but we are all guilty of that aren't we? And I bet there is someone out there a bit like you, so don't give up.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I am a student at the University of St Andrews, Scotland and I am currently doing a research project on the role of online blogs for individuals impacted by cancer. I was wondering whether I could talk to you about your opinions, I am especially interested in how bloggers can creatively express themselves(symbolically) in virtual environments and how important the blog design is in this process and why.But most importantly, how blogs can assist the individual in thehealing process.
I hope that my research will promote online blogging as a critical resource and increase its awareness.


Please email me back if you would like to.
Thanks in advance :)
Laura
lke2@st-andrews.ac.uk